Friday, September 10, 2010

The Ramblings In My Head

So, i had a sudden burst of i-want-to-make-crafty-things this week. It involved buttons and some help from my roommate. Some friends of mine had been talking about doing a craft night and buttons were thrown into the mix of possibilities. So i went scouring the internets to see what kind of crafty button ideas i could find and came across quite a few. One of which i loved and decided to test out. It's a button bouquet, which i found here.
I looked for a salt shaker to put mine in as well, but we had an empty vase sitting on our shelf which i thought would add a some color to the ensemble of vases & bottles. Assembling it all didn't take too long, plus i had the help of my roommate, YAY! Here is our finished product... TA-DA!! Note the cute little girl that G.C. made...!

In other news... ok, well maybe it's not news, just more of the ramblings in Josie's head sort of stuff. So last week I went to the palmer home with G.C. and found wonderful things. I love vintage clothes, especially when they fit and are SO adorable. I also found a really cute old ceramic mug, its faded white on the outside and yellow on the inside. Love it.

We had bible study last night for the high school girls. One showed up. I was content with that. I like to see the way HE moves and speaks even among such a small crowd of people. If you're there and you're searching HE will be found. But it's the searching that is required and often so overlooked. We cannot always expect HIM to come to us, we have to meet HIM halfway. The journey and the discovery -- it's what makes my heart glad.

The "J-Birds" as my grandmother likes to call us grandkids, all went out to my parent's house for labor day supper. I LOVE IT WHEN MY MOTHER COOKS, OH MY GOSH! That had to be one of the 10 worst things about moving out...that and dad's banana pancakes -- MmMmMm! Anyway, we had supper and then competition arose over who was better at N64 Bond. I won't give any clues to who dominated or who was better, but fun was had by all...oh yes.

College football season has begun yet again. MSU is crazier than ever and the fans are still just as die-hard, even though you'd think they know better by now. Perhaps it's for the better that they have some good 'ol team spirit still, maybe it's the liberty they have to bring those cowbells back into the stadium that makes it more lively and exciting. Who knows. I got to go to the first game, which we actually won -- woot! I will leave you with these pictures and the piece of information that i am wearing fleece pj pants and a hoodie in September in MS, yes i am kind of hot. Don't judge... i love you too.



~ME

2 comments:

  1. g.c. huh? also it's actually a boy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup. i thought about calling you straight up by your real first name, but held back...
    and since when is it a boy? it has a pink face.

    ReplyDelete