Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Mr. Gus

Ladies and Gentlemen, may i have the great pleasure of introducing you to our living room friend. He was once well behaved and is known to be of the praying sort. To whom he prays or what he preys is yet to be determined, however. I think we shall call him Gus...
Now Gus, here, first came into our living room through the fireplace. I suppose he figured it to be the safest way to enter, knowing that we wouldn't have a fire going in September. He spent his days and nights there and was happy. We were not so sure what to think of our new house guest but couldn't bring ourselves to kick him out just yet. Until.....! It was Labor day and all was well in our living room, but little Mr. Gus was not content in his tiny abode. He apparently needed to explore.

He crept out of our fireplace and up onto the wall. I was busy doing homework and allowed him to wander for a moment. In between homework i was cooking a pasta salad, which required a great deal of my attention. Going in and then back out of the room on multiple occasions. As i was re-entering my living/dining room i set my glass of juice on the table only to see out of the corner of my eye green claws grasping towards me! I, being of the jumpy sort, looked down, realized it was not my imagination and jumped back screaming.
Mr. Gus is not as friendly of a house guest as we had originally thought. I even tried to shake his hand and he threatened to eat me. I do not believe he is the religious type of creature we believed him to be. However, he was rather close to my homework, making me think that he was the intellectual type or perhaps the dog type, either way my homework would get done or i would have a legitimate excuse that my "pet" ate it. After much deliberation, and many threatening looks from our temporary and once harmless house guest, i decided i would release him back to his real home and told him to call next time before he came for a visit.

~Me

No comments:

Post a Comment