Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Picture Perfect


Have you ever watched one of those claymation films? Such as Wallace and Gromit or Gumby? They are so intriguing. These people took the time and had the patience to make a whole village of people with buildings galore, animals, and an abundance of plants. What i find even more amazing than these people's craftiness is their willingness and patience; set up the first shot, move it a hair, take next shot, move ever so slightly again, next shot... And the process repeats until you have a half-hour long film or so that probably took weeks, if not months, to make. The process is one of insane dedication, even when something falls over or turns the wrong way, the clay makers continue on with their feat. They can shape and mold their village or group of people into whatever and whomever they desire, add or take away and even re-mold if need be. Claymation people amaze me.

However, HE amazes me more. I am the clay and HE gets to mold me and shape me in any which way HE chooses. Not only that, though, but HE also gets to choose how HE shapes the world around me. The people I meet, the places i live and everything in between, HE gets to shape it all. I don't get a say in that, the people around me, the situations, the world, it is all HIS to make what HE will of it. The only part i can have influence on is myself. If i choose to resist the molder of the clay then i'll probably end up as a mess of mush until i quit being stubborn. If i am never willing to be molded into anything that is past my comfort zone then what good am i to the rest of my clay world? I cannot be a stationary object. Nothing is accomplished when you yourself are unwilling to take a different road or to be molded into something new and beautiful.

How long is it going to take us to see that we are the 'works of HIS hands'? We are absolutely nothing but a glop of mush until he picks us up and begins to slowly shape us into what HE wants us to be. I don't want to be that stubborn piece of clay, i know that.

I just made myself a grilled ham and EXTRA cheese sandwich... it was d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s! Craving -- satisfied. Labor day is coming. This means SHOPPING! Plus no school and no work. Double bonus. I am excited. Also, i am so ready for autumn to arrive in full blast; radiant colors, lovely weather, splendid wardrobe options and all. Boots, scarves and cardigans, yes please!


These are my new favorite shoes. Love at first sight.

~ME

No comments:

Post a Comment