Friday, September 16, 2011

I'm A Big Girl Now

Monday:
drove to H-burg with Gracie
-schools are dumb sometimes
-met her awesome friend.... who i swear is the black version of me
-lovely talks on the drive
supper with the fam
movie watching with J.L.
-Cary Grant is still slick at sixty

Tuesday:
slept late
-yayayay!
did some more packing
-which seems useless because i just end up wanting to wear what i've just packed
-also, dad put a t-rex in my suitcase. lol
eye doctor visit
-i'm far-sighted
-but just barely, so no worries.
stopped by my previous home which we will now call "G.C.'s place"
-chocolate cake...!

Wednesday:
rise and shine before 7am
drove to campus to get shots
-let it be known that the MSU campus is one of like 4 clinics in the whole state that carry the typhoid vaccine.
-which is weird
-got three vaccines and 90 malaria pills
went to my favorite spot in town, city bagel, to get coffee and brunch
-eating alone is fabulous sometimes
-wrote ty notes and read books
supper with the parents
prayer night at P&D's
-last one for many moons
late night grocery shopping
also late night cooking

Thursday:
packed picnic lunch
picked up Gracie's birthday present
-it was ready just in time
-also, my bargaining skills are insane
took Gracie to the refuge
-we picnicked, we trail walked, we deer and bird watched
-we also drove
-and we got lost....ending up in a town 35 minutes from original location
-positive side of getting lost = poppy seed bread from the local bakery
-WIN
library visits and chats
-they are generally fun and often amusing
Life class at P&D's
-also the last one for many moons
-*tear

Friday:
helped a friend pack up her house with mother dearest
-nice chats
spectacle shopping
-i got glasses, i got glasses, i got glasses hey hey hey hey!
-they're purple....again. don't judge me
grocery shopped with mother dearest
-felt like i was 12yro again on a saturday
cleaned house for farewell dinner tomorrow evening
-i have 6 days left

I think i'm so lost and confused as to what emotion i should be feeling that i have depleted my emotion department of reasoning skills. If that sentence made a lick of sense to you i will give you a star. God has been doing so much in me in the past three months, and even more so in the past three weeks because I know HE's preparing me for something and that it'll be grand, it's just the molding and waiting period that is so difficult. These past few weeks have been bitter-sweet as I am beginning to realize how much I love and will miss everyone. It's usually, and most recently, been the other way around where people depart from me, which is making this "move" weird and slightly hard since I'm doing the leaving. Is it this hard for extroverts?

Anyway, the weather here has been MARVELOUS the past day or so. It feels crisp and cheery, just like September should feel. Also, did you know a crisp in Scotland is a potato chip? Because chips in Scotland are actually french fries. Random fact of the day! I'm hungry now with all this talk of food. . . .eckhmm. Yea. The anemic child has got to eat!

~J.K.

No comments:

Post a Comment