Friday, October 22, 2010

It's The End of The World as We Know it And I Feel Fine

Looking back on this week i probably could have used one of these . On multiple occasions too.

So, i haven't had the best of weeks, but it happens. Life happens. We can't foresee what will come of most any circumstances or situations, but we can hope for the best. We can hope for that which we do not yet have but so desperately want. We can hope with the realization that we may or may not receive whatever it is we wish to have. But what would life be without hope? Most likely drear and well... lifeless. Hope takes us places.

My sister had to remind me the other day when i was moping, not eating, etc... basically throwing myself an all-out pity party, that those actions were wrong. She semi-quoted me, in fact, on one of the bible study lessons i had taught awhile back. She said that 'it's wrong to throw yourself a pity party because God wants us to rejoice and mourn together, even if we feel like hiding in a cave.' It's true. Hard to hear repeated back to me, but true nonetheless. Even though i may feel like hiding in a cave until i am gray and wrinkled, i can't and i won't. 1) it would be smelly, 2) it would get lonely, 3) i like trees. SO! I think i have eaten my fill of ice cream for the week...well, maybe. But for the sake of my sanity and for that little flame of hope of better things to come, i will press on. This sounds like some kind of battle cry. I'm so poetic like that. . . ?

Someone should inform the woodpecker on our house that he is not welcome. He should also be notified not to ruin our freshly painted abode. Possibly having an LOTR marathon this weekend. Which may also include more ice cream eating...and yea, i still think i need that ice cream cozy.

~ME

1 comment: