Saturday, October 30, 2010

Everybody Wants To Be An Asian....

Long past week and a half. Life is lovely, not always, but on the grand scale it is so. I am always amazed how there always happens to be a rainbow after the storm...you sometimes just have to look for it.

So, I didn't understand why God had asked me to stay here all those months ago instead of going to serve in Belgium, but now i do. I didn't think at the time that i would ever say this, but i am SO GLAD God told me to stay here this semester. I love my bible study girls. I love teaching them, i love hearing their stories, questions and insights. I love being a part of what HE is doing in their lives. I love what HE is teaching me about HIM (and myself) through leading this study. I am in complete awe of HIS wisdom and grace. I may have said this before, but can i do this until the day i die, please?

I had another person this week tell me i looked like an Asian. I'm starting to wonder if the entire world is going blind. Or maybe my parents just haven't told me something? Doubtful. For dinner G.C. and i made chicken soaked in wine and other tasty things. It was delicious.

I will leave you with this bit of awesomeness. My lovely friend and i made these super cool pumpkins using our vast imaginations. We decorated my living room with them for my roommate to discover later. (If you feel that you cannot take the following dorkdom, please exit now....!) Behold!


~ME

1 comment: