Tuesday, August 10, 2010

P.S.


I didn't start out on this journey with a backup plan. I knew where i was headed, i knew exactly what i was going to do and i had a pretty good idea of how i was going to get there. However, one bump came, i rode over it, but what i didn't see was the huge mountain that was waiting around the curve. Nothing has ever pounded me so hard in the face as this has. This one mountain is keeping me from my goals, it's keeping me from reaching my destination and causing me to fret and become disoriented along the way. Perhaps, though, my problem isn't that silly mountain, but instead it is myself. Perhaps i have the ability to move that mountain or even to step over it, but i do nothing about it. I keep expecting that mountain to move on it's own, to get up and walk off my path and set itself down in a field far away. That silly mountain wasn't in my plan, it wasn't part of my journey, or so i believed. Perhaps that mountain is there, not to keep me from reaching my destination but to teach me a lesson on this side, a lesson that i couldn't learn if i were to hastily cross its peak. I like to know the reasons behind things, tell me why this works and how and for what purpose, then i will understand more fully. But here i am, in the dark and in the waiting, left to figure out what to do with this huge mountain at my doorstep.


My sister and i drove back from Nashville today. We drove by the home of the eleventh president and stopped to look and take pictures. Yet another good reason why i dislike taking the highways or interstates; spontaneous stops! Also, i am a fan of road trips. Fun people, good music and a friendly gps. Yes, ma'am! Please can i go on more? Kthanks.

~Me

No comments:

Post a Comment